Peek of the Week for April 18-21
Spelling: son, won, none, front, month, wonder, other, mother, brother, another, nothing, lion, lemon, melon, banana, animal, thousand, someone, father
pouch: a small bag used for carrying
brilliant: very smart
worship: to love and honor God
Reading: Our story this week is: “Chinatown”.
Genre: Realistic Fiction – Realistic fiction is a story with characters and events that are like people and events in real life.
1. celebrations – joyous gatherings, usually to mark an important event
2. develop – to make something better
3. furious – very angry
4. graceful – lovely way of moving
5. grocery store – a shop that sells food and household goods
6. students – people who go to school
Math: We will continue with Ch 12 on multiplication.
Social Science: We will begin learning about animal habitats. The children will be doing a report on an animal at school.
Requests and Reminders:
*Monday, April 17th is a school holiday.
*Thursday, April 20th: Field day 9:00-11:00
*Friday, April 21st: Bible verse, spelling, and reading test