Peek of the Week for Feb. 8-12
Reading: Our story this week is: “Good-bye, Curtis”
Genre: Realistic Fiction – Realistic fiction is a story that can happen in the real world.
1. addresses – the street names, street numbers, cities, and states where businesses or homes can be found.
2. clerk – a salesperson in a store
3. grown - to increase in size or age
4. honor – show of respect and love
5. pour – to move somewhere quickly and in large numbers
6. route – a series of places or customers visited regularly by a person who delivers or sells something
Spelling: Our focus in spelling this week will be on the suffixes: -y, -er, -est, -ly, -en, -es
Our spelling words are: sleepy, frosty, faster, helper, winner, loudest, biggest, softly, slowly, kindly, taken, eaten, frozen, dishes, washes, lunches, classes, houses, every, very
Spelling vocabulary and definitions:
1. courtesy: kindness; politeness
2. repent: to turn from
3. difficult: hard to do
Math: We will continue in Chapter 7. We will be learning about fractions.
Timed Test Wednesday, addition, 3 minutes
Thursday: subtraction, differences of 8, 50 problems, 4 minutes
Social Science: Forces and Motion
Requests and Reminders:
*Grandparents' and Special Friends' Day is Thursday, Feb. 11 at 11:15 am in Eckburg.
*Valentine's Day party: Friday, Feb. 12th
*Presidents' Day, Feb. 15th: school holiday
*Georgia Day: Feb. 19th (Don't forget your child can dress up as a Native American or a colonial character.)