Peek of the Week for Feb. 9-13
Spelling: Special Sounds for the week: mb in lamb, ild in child, ind in kind, old in gold.
Spelling words: lamb, climb, thumb, combed, plumber, wild, child, wind, find, remind, told, sold, hold, cold, colder, fold, folder, I’m (I am), I’ve (I have), I’ll (I will)
1. property: something a person owns
2. distant: far away
3. desire: to want
Reading: Our story this week: “Max Found Two Sticks”
Genre: Realistic Fiction – Realistic fiction tells about events that could happen in real life.
1. appeared – to come into view
2. conductor – someone who is in charge of a train
3. created – to make or design something
4. imitated – to copy something or someone
5. rhythm – a regular beat in music, poetry, or dance
6. startled – to surprise someone and make the person jump
Math: We will take our Ch. 7 math test on Tuesday.
*Timed test on Wednesday – 50 subtraction facts/4 minutes/differences of 0-7. The highest number to subtract from will be 16. For example: 16-7
Social Science: We have already learned about Rosa Parks and Ruby Bridges. We will continue to learn about other famous African Americans this week such as Harriet Tubman and George Washington Carver. We will also learn about why we celebrate Valentine's Day.
*The President report is due March 6th.
*Send in a Valentine card for each student in your child's class by Thursday, the 12th.
*We will have a class snack on Friday the 13th to celebrate.
*Monday, the 16th, is a school holiday to honor President's Day.