Peek of the Week for Feb. 23-27
Spelling: grew, chew, knew, new, mew, haul, cause, pause, sauce, saucer, law, paws, draw, straw, lawn, dawn, crawl, he's, it's, who's
Vocab: succeed: to do something well
impossible: not able to be done
Reading: Our story this week is: “Anthony Reynoso: Born to Rope”
Genre: Nonfiction: Personal Narrative – A personal narrative is a true story about something important to the narrator.
1. dappled – to be marked with spots or patches of light and dark
2. exhibition – a show for the public
3. landscape business – a company that makes money by designing, shaping, and planting gardens for customers
4. ranch – a large farm for raising horses, beef cattle, or sheep.
5. thousands – whole numbers, written 1,000, 2,000, 3,000 and so on that are equal to 10 times 100, 200, 300, and so on.
Math: We will continue with Ch. 8 and time. Timed test on Wednesday will be differences of 8 in 4 minutes.
Social Science: We will be learning about Pioneers of America.
*Friday the 27th is a non-uniform day. Don't forget your quarters.
*President's report due on March 6th.