Peek of the Week for Feb. 27-March 3
Bible Verse: James 4:17 “Anyone, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn’t do it, sins.”
Spelling: grew, chew, knew, new, mew, haul, cause, pause, sauce, saucer, law, paws, draw, straw, lawn, dawn, crawl, he's, it's, who's
Vocab: succeed: to do something well
impossible: not able to be done
Reading: Our story this week is: “Good-bye, Curtis”
Genre: Realistic Fiction – Realistic fiction is a story that can happen in the real world.
1. addresses – the street names, street numbers, cities, and states where businesses or homes can be found.
2. clerk – a salesperson in a store
3. grown - to increase in size or age
4. honor – show of respect and love
5. pour – to move somewhere quickly and in large numbers
6. route – a series of places or customers visited regularly by a person who delivers or sells something
Vocabulary test: Unit 6
1. agree: think the same way as the other person
2. bare: not covered
3. famous: someone who is known by many people
4. feast: very large meal on a special day
5. gentle: very soft and mild
6. hero: person you look up to for having done something good and brave
7. leader: a person who shows people where to go or how to do something
8. notice: see it (verb)
a sign put up for people to read (noun)
9. search: you look for it
10. weak: you do not feel strong
***This test will be on Wednesday, March 1st. Using a word bank, the students will fill in the blanks. This test we will also add synonyms for the words. For example, they will be given the sentence The star of the show is well-known. They will then have to choose which vocab word is the synonym.
Math: We will finish Ch. 8 this week and begin Ch. 11. Also, this week, we will be sending home review worksheets for homework. This is in preparation for standardized testing in March. Please complete these worksheets with your child, and we will be reviewing them in class the next day.
Social Science: We will begin a unit on plants.
Requests and Reminders:
*Tuesday: St. Patrick's Day WTOC coloring sheets are due.
*Thursday: Read Across America Day, Dr. Seuss' birthday
*An email will be coming home about our next field trip on March 9th.
Remember to re-enroll by February 28th in order to receive the early registration discount. Savannah Christian Prep has launched our new student management software system. You should have received an email giving you step-by-step instructions on how to re-enroll your student for the 2017-18 school year.
If you did NOT receive the email, then please check the following:
- your spam folder.
- an old email address that you may have used in the past.
We are grateful to partner with you and be a part of your child's formative years!