Peek of the Week for Jan. 19-23
Reading: Our story this week is: “The Emperor’s Egg”
Genre – Nonfiction: Informational Book – an informational book gives facts about a topic.
1. flippers – small fins used like hand or feet
2. hatch – to break out of an egg
3. miserable – very unhappy
4. slippery – not sticky, causing sliding
5. waddled to move in a funny way, like a duck
6. horizon – where the sky seems to meet the earth
Spelling: Special Sounds for the week: -ed in wanted, -ed in played, -ed in looked
*Spelling Words: added, ended, rested, trusted, counted, called, spilled, mailed, rained, cleaned, talked, helped, dressed, wished, marked, asked, once, only, both, again
1. couple: two things
2. created: brought into being (example: God created/made the earth.)
3. faith: belief, trust
Math: This week we will take a test on Ch.6 on Thursday.
Timed tests: Wednesday, 50 problems in 4 minutes differences of 0-4
Social Science: We will continue with forces and motion this week. We will have a test on Tuesday, Jan. 27th. A study guide will be sent home this week.
Requests and Reminder:
*If you have not already turned in your report card, please do so as soon as possible.