Peek of the Week for Jan. 25-29
Spelling: Special Sounds for the week: ear in earth, ear in bear, ear in ear. Spelling Words: earn, learn, pearl, search, early, bear, pear, wear, wearing, tear, dear, fear, hear, near, clear, year, yearly, earmuffs, where, were
1. citizen: a person who belongs to a country
2. confess: to admit you have done wrong
3. courage: bravery
Reading: Our story this week is: “The Emperor’s Egg”
Genre – Nonfiction: Informational Book – an informational book gives facts about a topic.
1. flippers – small fins used like hand or feet
2. hatch – to break out of an egg
3. miserable – very unhappy
4. slippery – not sticky, causing sliding
5. waddled to move in a funny way, like a duck
6. horizon – where the sky seems to meet the earth
Math: We will test on Ch. 6 this week.
Wednesday: addition timed test, 60 problems, 3 minutes
Thursday: subtraction timed test, 50 problems, differences of 0-5, 4 minutes
Social Science: We have begun researching influential people. This will be a project that is done at school with teacher guidance and assistance.
Requests and Reminders:
*January 27th: 100th day of school
*January 29th: non uniform day