Peek of the Week at Jan.26-30
Spelling: Special Sounds for the week: ear in earth, ear in bear, ear in ear. Spelling Words: earn, learn, pearl, search, early, bear, pear, wear, wearing, tear, dear, fear, hear, near, clear, year, yearly, earmuffs, where, were
1. citizen: a person who belongs to a country
2. confess: to admit you have done wrong
3. courage: bravery
Reading: Our story this week: “The Pine Park Mystery” Genre: Play – A play is a story that can be acted out.
1. caused – made something happen
2. clasp – a small hook that holds parts together
3. confused – to be uncertain or unclear about something
4. cornered – to get a person or an animal into a situation or position that is a trap
5. objects – things that you can see and touch but are not alive
6. typical – normal or usual for a kind of thing
Math: Timed test on Wednesday, 50 subtraction problems differences of 6. We will begin Ch 7 this week.
Social Science: Test on Forces and Motion on Tuesday. We will then begin to learn about Famous African Americans.
Requests and Reminders:
*Monday, the 26th, is the 100th Day of School.
*Friday, the 30th, is a non-uniform day. Don't forget your quarter.