Peek of the Week for Feb.1-5
Spelling: why, whole, much, scratch, stretch, such, check, when, which, choose, catch, hopscotch, who, match, lunch, whistle, whisper, crunch, stitch, whose
knowledge: learning; understanding
victory: the winning of a contest or battle, success
Reading: Our story this week: “The Pine Park Mystery” Genre: Play – A play is a story that can be acted out.
1. caused – made something happen
2. clasp – a small hook that holds parts together
3. confused – to be uncertain or unclear about something
4. cornered – to get a person or an animal into a situation or position that is a trap
5. objects – things that you can see and touch but are not alive
6. typical – normal or usual for a kind of thing
Math; We will begin Ch. 7.
Timed tests: Wednesday: addition, 60 problems, 3 minutes
Thursday: subtraction, 50 problems, differences of 7, 4 minutes
Social Science: We are continuing to work on our influential people report.
Requests and Reminders:
*Feb. 5: midterm
*Feb. 11: Grandparents' and Special Friends' day
*Feb. 15: Presidents' Day holiday
*Feb. 19: Georgia Day