Peek of the Week for March 2-6
Bible Verse: Colossians 3:17 “And whatever you do…do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus.”
Spelling: ie in brownie, ey in key, ey in obey
brownie, cookie, field, piece, niece, believe, key, keys, turkey, monkey, money, honey, valley, chimney, obey, they'll, they've, they're, we're, you're
suffer: to feel pain
Reading: Our story this week is: “Chinatown”.
Genre: Realistic Fiction – Realistic fiction is a story with characters and events that are like people and events in real life.
1. celebrations – joyous gatherings, usually to mark an important event
2. develop – to make something better
3. furious – very angry
4. graceful – lovely way of moving
5. grocery store – a shop that sells food and household goods
6. students – people who go to school
Math: We will continue in Chapter 8. Please continue to practice telling time at home. Timed test on Wednesday: differences of 8 in 4 minutes.
Social Science: We will continue learning about people of the past.
Requests and Reminders:
*President project due on Friday, March 6th. This will count as a Social Science grade and a writing grade.
*Spring Break begins next Friday, March 13th.