Peek of the Week for April 3-7
phrase, graph, telephone, alphabet, elephant, chorus, echo, echoes, rough, tough, bought, brought, fought, thought, taught, caught, daughter, didn't, doesn't, don't
fleet: a group of ships or planes
coast: the land next to the sea
chimes: a set of bells
Reading: Our story this week is: “Anthony Reynoso: Born to Rope”
Genre: Nonfiction: Personal Narrative – A personal narrative is a true story about something important to the narrator.
1. dappled – to be marked with spots or patches of light and dark
2. exhibition – a show for the public
3. landscape business – a company that makes money by designing, shaping and planting gardens for customers
4. ranch – a large farm for raising horses, beef cattle, or sheep.
5. thousands – whole numbers, written 1,000, 2,000, 3,000 and so on that are equal to 10 times 100, 200, 300, and so on.
Math: We will continue with Ch 11.
Social Science: We will finish our unit on plants. A vocab test will be given on Tuesday, April 11th. A study guide will come home this week.
Requests and Reminders:
* Easter break: Thursday, April 13-Monday, April 17th
*Book Fair; April 24-28