Peek of the Week for Oct. 20-24
Spelling: Special sounds this week: ou in out, ow in owl, ow in bowl
Spelling Words: our, south, count, ground, found, how, down, frown, clown, brown, slow, blow, grow, pillow, rainbow, snowman, soup, group, four, your
Reading: Our story this week is “Hedgehog Bakes a Cake.”
Genre: Story – A story has characters, a setting, and a plot.
1. batter – thick liquid mixture used in cooking
2. buttery – full of or covered with butter
3. perfect – as good as something can be
4. recipe – set of instructions, or steps, used when cooking or baking
5. smeared – spread something sticky or greasy
6. yellow cake – cake that is yellow because it contains egg yolks
Math: We will continue in Ch 4.
Timed test on Wednesday – All of the students did very well on subtraction of 0 and 1. This week we will have 25 problems in 2 minutes with subtraction of 2. For example: 4-2, 6-2, etc.
Social Science: Monday we will send home the study guide for the weather test which will be on Thursday, the 23rd.
Language: We will have a language test on Wednesday, the 22nd. It will be on capitalization of proper nouns.
Reminders and Requests:
*If you have not returned your signed report card, please do so as soon as possible.
*A letter about the field trip will be emailed to you on Monday.
*Thank you for the support during Boosterthon. A blue envelope came home for you to return your checks for pledges. Please return those as soon as possible.