Peek of the Week for Oct.24-28
Spelling: Special Sounds this week: er in verse, ur in nurse, ir in bird, wor in worm. Our spelling words are: her, serve, verse, hurt, turn, curl, stir, girl, first, third, shirt, skirt, word, work, world, birthday, some, come, love, have
Reading: Our story this week is “Hedgehog Bakes a Cake.”
Genre: Story – A story has characters, a setting, and a plot.
1. batter – thick liquid mixture used in cooking
2. buttery – full of or covered with butter
3. perfect – as good as something can be
4. recipe – set of instructions, or steps, used when cooking or baking
5. smeared – spread something sticky or greasy
6. yellow cake – cake that is yellow because it contains egg yolks
Math: We will test on Ch. 4 this week.
Timed test: addition, sums of 18, 50 problems in 3 minutes
Social Science: We are studying government and will have a test on Wednesday, Nov. 2nd.
Requests and Reminders:
*Tuesday, Oct. 25th: Chic-Fil-A night in Pooler from 5:30-7:30 pm
*Mrs. Ringham and Mrs. Perry will have their Pumpkin Party on Friday. Mrs. Sellers will have hers on Monday, the 31st.
*Friday, Oct. 28th: Report cards go home. Have your book read and discussed with your child.
*Tuesday, Nov. 8th: Our first field trip! Look for an email to come home soon.
*Friday, Nov. 11th: Veteran's Day holiday