Peek of the Week Feb.29-March 4
Spelling: grew, chew, knew, new, mew, haul, cause, pause, sauce, saucer, law, paws, draw, straw, lawn, dawn, crawl, he's, it's, who's
Vocab: succeed: to do something well
impossible: not able to be done
Reading: Our story this week is: “Anthony Reynoso: Born to Rope”
Genre: Nonfiction: Personal Narrative – A personal narrative is a true story about something important to the narrator.
1. dappled – to be marked with spots or patches of light and dark
2. exhibition – a show for the public
3. landscape business – a company that makes money by designing, shaping, and planting gardens for customers
4. ranch – a large farm for raising horses, beef cattle, or sheep.
5. thousands – whole numbers, written 1,000, 2,000, 3,000 and so on that are equal to 10 times 100, 200, 300, and so on.
Math: We will begin Ch. 11-addition and subtraction with 3 digit numbers.
Social Science: Forces and Motion We will have a test on Monday, March 7th. A study guide will come home on Monday, Feb. 29th.
Requests and Reminders:
*Wednesday, March 2nd: in honor of Dr.Seuss' birthday you may wear CrAzY socks with your uniform.
*We will do our reading, spelling, and Bible verse test on Thursday, March 3rd.
*Friday, March 4th: We will be attending the play Mary Poppins. Please send your child in uniform. If you are attending the play with us, you may pay your $5 at the door. You may also check your child out after the play. If your child is returning to school, please pack them a lunch with a drink.