Peek of the Week for Jan. 11-14
Spelling: Special sounds: le in little; y in baby
Spelling Words: Bible, table, tiny, lady, cozy, happy, daddy, puppy, penny, pretty, bubble, middle, puddle, puzzle, giggle, freckle, people, busy, laugh together
1. eager: wanting very much to do or get something.
2. command: an order
3. destroy: to ruin
***Your child must spell the vocab word as well as write the definition. Spelling does not count on the definition. We just need to be able to tell what they are trying to say.
Reading: Our story this week is: “Dear Mr. Blueberry”
Genre: Informational Story – An informational story gives facts about a topic through a story plot.
1. details – small bits of information
2. disappoint – to make someone sad because something expected did not happen
3. forcibly – strongly; by force
4. information – facts about a person, place, or thing
5. oceans – large bodies of salt water where whales and other animals live
6. stroke – to rub something gently
Math: Continue with Ch.6
Timed tests: Wednesday: addition, 50 problems, 3 minutes
Thursday: subtraction, 50 problems, 4 minutes, differences of 5
Social Science: We will continue with government.
Requests and Reminders:
*Report cards go home on Monday, January 11th. Please sign and return them in the envelope provided.
*Prospective Parent Open House will be held on Tuesday, January 12th in the Media Center.
*January 15th is a student holiday.
*January 18th is a school holiday to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr.