Peek of the Week for Jan. 17-20
Genesis 1:31 "God saw all that He had made, and it was very good."
Spelling: Special sounds: le in little; y in baby
Spelling Words: Bible, table, tiny, lady, cozy, happy, daddy, puppy, penny, pretty, bubble, middle, puddle, puzzle, giggle, freckle, people, busy, laugh together
1. eager: wanting very much to do or get something.
2. command: an order
3. destroy: to ruin
***Your child must spell the vocab word as well as write the definition. Spelling does not count on the definition. We just need to be able to tell what they are trying to say.
Reading: Our story this week is: “How I Spent My Summer Vacation”. Genre: fantasy
****This will be an open book test since we have a short week.
1. captured – to take control over
2. imagination – the ability to think of things that aren’t real
3. manners – a polite way to behave
4. matador – bullfighter
5. plains – flat open areas of land
6. relax – to have fun doing very little
7. vacation – time off from work or school
Vocabulary Unit 3: Test on Wednesday
1. beach: a beach is land near the water
2. center: a center is a place that is in the middle of something
3. finally: finally means at last
4. idea: an idea is a thought or a plan. It is something that you think of.
5. ocean: the ocean is a very large area of salt water.
6. seashell: a seashell is the shell of a sea animal such as an oyster or clam.
7. stack: a stack is a neat pile.
(verb) when you stack things, you pile them one on top of another.
8. tiny: tiny is very small
9. wave: when you wave, you move your hand back and forth.
(noun) a wave looks like a long bump moving through the water
10. wonder: when you wonder about something, you are curious about it.
Math: continue with Ch. 6 subtraction with and without regrouping
timed test: addition 50 problems in 3 minutes
Social Science: Martin Luther King, Jr and Presidents
Requests and Reminders:
*All 3 of the second grade classes will be presenting chapel this Friday. Each child will have a speaking part.
*You may attend either chapel time; 8: 45-9:15 or 9:30-10:00.
*Please have your child wear a white, red, or blue shirt and jeans . This is a free non-uniform.
*If you have not returned your report card, please do so immediately.
*You should have received a letter about the next book report project. These are due January 31st.