Peek of the Week for Oct. 19-23
Spelling: Special sounds this week: ou in out, ow in owl, ow in bowl
Spelling Words: our, south, count, ground, found, how, down, frown, clown, brown, slow, blow, grow, pillow, rainbow, snowman, soup, group, four, your
Reading: Our story this week is “Mr. Putter and Tabby Fly a Plane."
Genre: Realistic Fiction
1. twitch: to move with a sharp, quick movement
2. promise: statement made by a person telling that he or she will do something
3. cranes: machines with long, movable arms used to lift things
4. worry: to think that bad things may happen
5. directions: instructions on how to do something
Math: We will continue in Ch 4.
Timed test on Wednesday – Addition sums of 16 in 3 minutes
Social Science: weather
Language: We will have a quiz on Wednesday to identify verbs.
Requests and Reminders:
*By this Friday, you and your child should discuss the characters, setting, and plot for the book report.
*Report cards come home on Wednesday.